HireQuest Inc. is dedicated not just to our employees’ present, but also to our employees’ future. Through our nonprofit partner, the Higher Quest Foundation, we are proud to introduce two new scholarship opportunities for the 2022-2023 academic year: the Higher Quest HBCU Scholarship Program and the Higher Quest General Scholarship Program.
These scholarships will be open to temporary employees of HireQuest Direct, HireQuest, and Snelling offices across the U.S. The scholarships are also available to the dependents of eligible temporary employees, including spouses, partners, and children.
The Higher Quest HBCU Scholarship Program will provide $500 scholarships to 15 temporary employees or dependents of eligible temporary employees. The scholarships must be used for academic or vocational programs at historically black colleges and universities. Qualifying programs include 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities as well as vocational schools and technical training programs.
Note: The list of qualifying HBCU programs can be found here, via the U.S. Department of Education.
The Higher Quest General Scholarship Program will provide $500 scholarships to 15 temporary employees or dependents of eligible temporary employees. These scholarships may be used for any academic or vocational training program, from technical and trade schools to community colleges and 4-year universities.
- 15HBCU Scholarships
- 15General Scholarships
- $500Awarded per Scholarship
Qualification standards for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- The Higher Quest HBCU Scholarship Program and the Higher Quest General Scholarship Program is open to HireQuest Direct and Snelling temporary employees (and dependents of eligible temporary employees) that have accrued at least 160 hours worked in 2022.
- The recipients shall be selected based on their overall academic performance, community service, and overall application. Selection is competitive and based on academics, community service and school leadership. There is no minimum GPA requirement. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
- Students must submit academic transcripts and validation of any community service hours completed.
- All applications and requested documents must be submitted by Aug. 19, 2022. All winners of the 2022-2023 Higher Quest HBCU Scholarship Program and the Higher Quest General Scholarship Program will be notified by Sep. 2, 2022.
Note: All Higher Quest HBCU Scholarships and Higher Quest General Scholarships are offered on a non-renewable basis. They will be awarded for one-time use by the recipient, and are not eligible for renewal.
- Aug. 19, 2022Application Deadline
- Sep. 2, 2022Recipients Notified